WHAT IS THE PROGRAM ABOUT?
WARP Future Communication can bring your communication service to the next level within just a few months, with the support of the strong partners: Nokia and hub:raum powered by Deutsche Telekom.
WARP Future Communication is a program organized jointly by Nokia and hub:raum powered by Deutsche Telekom. Our aim is to develop communication services for our customers all around Europe – to make their lives easier and simpler.
The program provides a mixture of all the tools and resources start-ups need to develop, scale and commercialize their service, including both technical and business support.
We call it “the triangle of power” as each of the partners will contribute with their core competencies: Nokia, which offers the technical platform, Deutsche Telekom, which offers the distribution channel and hub:raum which provides the know-how and tools necessary to build, test, scale and commercialise the products.
TOP 5 REASONS TO JOIN THE PROGRAM
- YOU will receive both, high recognition and global reach from day 1, as well as impact on the lives of millions of customers in one shot, because you will be supported by two strong industry brands - Nokia and Deutsche Telekom.
- YOU will be guided by experts from Nokia and Deutsche Telekom, who will support you in technical and also business related topics irrespective of your experiences in the telco industry.
- YOUr idea will run with all devices and OS, no matter what language you use, thanks to our APIs and SDKs.
- YOU will benefit from a unique corporate-acceleration work with us at eye level as we promise a fair, transparent and individual business model.
- YOUr applications will have unmatched quality and user experience using Call Management APIs on live telco network - for the first time in the industry.
You want to learn more about the program, its vision and the technical possibilities - check out our recorded program pitch
POSSIBLE USE CASES OF THE NOKIA TECHNICAL PLATFORM
Call Management APIs
Nokia Call Management APIs give developers ready-access to IP-communications features built into carriers’ mobile, fixed and cable networks. They accelerate the creation of enticing, high-performance services for consumers, enterprises and vertical markets. As a developer you have an access to many call related events available for external applications. They trigger different actions depending on the use case and actual scenario e.g.:
- Get notified when the call is busy or properly answered or calling party is not reachable
- Allow, deny or redirect the calls as you please
- Play text to speech, audio or video in a call or even allow users to select what they want
- Set up conference call with another party immediately invited on top
- … and much more depending on designer creativity
How to make it is easy by following our interactive API documentation with Swagger. Then it is even more smooth with the use our APIs and SDKs in whichever language you feel comfortable with.
If you are not familiar with Nokia TAS platform, you will find some helpful information here.
Some examples / Use cases
Here come simple examples of ideas which might resound well with peoples’ everyday needs:
- Adding user to a call when the doctor calls his elder family member e.g. grandma => after she answers, user is also joining a call to help her later on with an understanding of treatment options
- Blocking calls to a child during school time and play a message to the caller
- Managing user’s availability and call handling options depending on mashed up connected car data
- Starting and managing a Conference call with additional person depending on who is originally calling => e.g. adding parent on top when the child is called by an unknown number
Nokia is a global leader in creating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry’s most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries..
- Leverage by the power of Nokia brand – being certified by Nokia is giving you the access to all operators over the world
- Push the boundaries with your creativity and the very rich API functionalities of the IMS Core Call Management API environment
- Reach any kind of phone with new innovative and future proof services
- Work in the newest communication technology environment e.g. IMS Core TAS, MRF, VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWiFi, IoT
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies with some 156 million mobile customers in more than 50 countries, 29 million fixed-network lines and more than 18 million broadband lines.
Providing the network in 12 countries in Europe, you will benefit from the strengths of Deutsche Telekom’s network:
- LTE in all markets (AMC 2015)
- Testing LTE Advanced
- Fibre, Vectoring and Hybrid as LTE COVERAGE Network-Booster
- Europe first IP-Network in Macedonia and DT worldwide first company with Terastream
- Transformation to pan-european IP-network
In WARP Future Communication, Deutsche Telekom will give you:
- access to the customers
- distribution and marketing channels
- best networks and tech platforms