APPLICATION PHASE ENDED ON APRIL 11th!!!
We’d like to prove that the business and startup community also cares about making the world a more sustainable place. That’s why here at hubraum and Deutsche Telekom, we’re quite literally putting our money where our mouth is and launching the Network Sustainability Award 2021.
So whether you’re part of a startup, a company, or you’re simply an individual launching your own developed solution focused on network sustainability (which can help to significantly improve telecommunication networks / energy efficiency), submit your application for your chance to win the award, along with some serious cash prizes (the top three winners will take home 50K between them), the opportunity to develop a proof of concept or prototype with Deutsche Telekom and its partners Microsoft, Orange, SK telecom as well as Solar Impulse Foundation.
What we are looking for includes, but is not limited to:
- focus on ICT solutions, mainly telco infrastructure (3-10 kW power consumption minimum)
- solutions with no local CO2 emission or other climate damaging effects
- renewable energy production solutions (e.g. PV, wind), including combinations of alternative options
- scalable solutions, commercially viable within Europe; consider e.g. local electricity markets
- small but highly performant proposals (size, weight, aesthetics)
- Innovative batteries or other storage options (rated according to cost, capacity limitations, sustainability issues, etc).
- Electricity as main form of energy. Other options would need to be converted to electricity
- Fuel cell solutions welcome, but need to consider constraints above (no CO2 emission, sufficient output power)
- AI driven load adaptive energy management with a (nonexclusive) focus on telco networks.
Solutions need to be on TRL (technology readiness level) 6-7
Electricity as main form of energy. Other options would need to be converted to electricity
Form and quality of presentation
Practicality of the idea
Telco Tech relevance
Design and quality of visualization
Creativity of the idea and concept
hubraum is the tech incubator of Deutsche Telekom. By bringing early-stage startups and the leading European telco together, hubraum strives to ignite innovation transfer to create new business opportunities for both sides. Since 2012 hubraum connects with its digital ecosystem out of Berlin, Krakow and Tel Aviv.
Either with Deutsche Telekom or one of our partners Microsoft, Orange, SK telecom or Solar Impulse Foundation (or both), the winners will be supported (if applicable) to work on a proof of concept/implementation of their winning idea. This support includes financing and potential other benefits of the telco world (access to platforms, networks, data, markets etc.)
Our partner, the Solar Impulse Foundation, will offer their stage to the winners (if they receive the Efficient Solution Label)– a slot to pitch your ideas (virtually) in front of VCs focusing their investments on sustainable solutions. Also, we will connect you with other (media) partners and offer a network, which you can eventually leverage to scale your business.
Head of Technology Management – PASM
Application Phase open
Deadline for Submissions
Pitch Day for shortlisted candidates
Winners will be announced
Winners pitch @MWC 2021
e-Pitch and Certification
One of our key partners, the Solar Impulse Foundation, will certify the solutions with the Efficient Solution Label (if they meet their criteria) and offer a stage in front of their investor network.