Investment Analyst at hubraum
Passionate about startups? At hubraum, Deutsche Telekom’s tech incubator, we currently have a vacancy open for an Investment Analyst in our Krakow office. The successful candidate will have the chance to explore the European startup scene, while learning a lot about startups, tech, VC and corporate innovation.
They will join hubraum and work with a focus on 5G, IoT and AI technology. An applicant with a passion for these focus areas, experience in these fields and/or technical or business understanding of any of these areas is preferred.
Hubraum is Deutsche Telekom’s incubator and it supports early stage startups. We invest in startups we believe in. What does this mean on a practical level? Beyond financial investment, we mentor startups boasting innovative business ideas; help develop businesses and prototype programs. hubraum’s goal is to help build commercial opportunities and relationships between the startup ecosystem and Deutsche Telekom’s relevant business units. We’ve been operating out of three different locations – Krakow, Berlin and Tel Aviv – since 2012.
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL ENTAIL
As an analyst, you will take a key role in acceleration programs, which are organized by hubraum. You will be tasked with scouting top startups and supporting the program team in finding the best possible candidates to fulfill their program, scopes. Your daily duties will include screening applications, evaluating business plans and ideas, evaluating technological fit to the program, as well as organizing and participating in pitching sessions.
You will also be responsible for supporting hubraum’s VC deal flow. This would mean seeking out investment opportunities, preliminary selections, setting up discussions with startups and offering support across the investment processes.
Another aspect of your work will be ensuring we work as efficiently as possible. This will be achieved by regularly reviewing the toolset we use as well as scouting startups in requested market sectors.
- Able to work full-time or close to full-time in Krakow;
- Completed at least a bachelor’s degree in business or technical fields (like management, finance or engineering, IT);
- At least 1 year professional experience in a relevant field, preferably in an innovation or tech-related discipline;
- Proven proactive approach to studying – participation in student organizations, academic achievements;
- Proven interest in and deep level of knowledge about tech, startups, VC;
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Project management skills (planning, agile approach, sprints)
- Sociable, friendly, and able to manage your own tasks and work independently
- Able to communicate fluently in English and Polish; fluency in German would be a plus
- Quick, result-driven thinker who is accustomed to working on agile projects and with limited resources
WHAT YOU’LL GET
An exclusive and in-depth insight into our work as a corporate incubator, the innovation initiatives at Deutsche Telekom and the European startup scene. Significant exposure and the opportunity to learn a great deal about startups, VC, acceleration. You’ll get the chance to expand your professional network by attending top European tech conferences and events. Besides all of this, we’d be excited to welcome you into our young and dynamic hubraum family.
If you think you might be a good fit for the role, send your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.